Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: browser pages going white
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 515619 posted on 27-10-2018 at 20:23 Reply With Quote
browser pages going white

I usually leave my Acer computer with Windows 8.1 on, so as not to require rebood time, and I leave my Firefox browser on, usually with something like 8 or 15 tabs open.

Sometimes, the browser pages go white (blank), and an attempt to reload the page usually does not do any good.

If I reboot the computer and reopen it, they come back.

I'm sure this compact little computer has integrated video. (I liked the big tower computers that would let me add or replace stuff, but I usually get used computers, and the big spacious towers don't seem to prevail these days.) If some of what it is supposed to display does not show, does that mean there is a problem with the graphics circuitry? Should I get into the box and see if it is dusty, and either blow it out or brush-dust it off? Would overheating cause this?

It puzzles me that shortcut pictures and the screen wallpaper still show up, and the browser "frame" (tool bar, address bar, tab headings) still display--but not the part one gets from the internet.

Sometimes, a part of a web page will display, but it goes to blank when I try to scroll down more than what was already in the display.

What is happening?
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 515621 posted on 27-10-2018 at 21:26 Reply With Quote

Virus. Cut out those dodgy sites!
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy Back soon

[*] Post 515633 posted on 28-10-2018 at 00:06 Reply With Quote

Sorry Scholar no can help. I ran windwoes 8.1 long enough to install Windowes 10. Subsequently, I've given Windwoes the flick for a more stable OS.

Run a virus scan, followed by a malware scan, then a cCleaner scan. It might be something like a corrupt browser cache.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.