Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Juno security warning
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 515569 posted on 24-10-2018 at 17:16 Reply With Quote
Juno security warning

When I tried to sign on to my juno account to access my e-mail, I got a "Security Warning!" page that says it appears my juno account has been accessed by an outside source, and it suggests that I change my password, and presents a button on which to click to start the process of changing my password.

I closed that page, on my browser, thinking that the usual way to create a new password is to have a temporary one sent to my other e-mail. I did not have gmail when I first started my juno account, and I don't remember if I had it when I upgraded by juno account to the version that gave me dial-up internet access. I would have to find my gmail password to get into my gmail, if I am to be sent a temporary password as a first step toward resetting my juno password. To reset my gmail password, I would get sent a temporary password to my juno email account, which is presently not accessible to me.

I don't know if anyone has really accessed my juno email account. Might it be the case that, when I tried to access it through the Thunderbird email program and thought I had no success, that I may have been mistaken, and it really did open a contact that looked suspicious from Juno's end? I have also considered that the Security Warning! page might not really be from Juno, and might be trying to get me to give information so that someone else may take over my access.

I have tried to log in to Juno again, and been denied access, Now, it doesn't even get me to the Security Warning! page, it just tells me either the ID or password is incorrect. That has me wondering if someone else really did access my account, and then used access to change the password. But, if the password change uses a temporary one sent to my previously listed gmail, then they would have to get my gmail, too, wouldn't they?

:(

:(:(:(:(:(:(
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 515570 posted on 24-10-2018 at 18:10 Reply With Quote

No. Not if they logged in and then changed it. But you would get an email asking if it was you that changed it.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 515571 posted on 24-10-2018 at 22:45 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
No. Not if they logged in and then changed it. But you would get an email asking if it was you that changed it.

And, I wouldn't be able to access the email that asked if I changed it.:(
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.