Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: 2018 Natural History Museum-Wildlife Photographer(s) of the Year Juried Competition Images
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 515403 posted on 17-10-2018 at 02:40 Reply With Quote
2018 Natural History Museum-Wildlife Photographer(s) of the Year Juried Competition Images

"It is the largest wildlife photography competition in the world. It is an annual international wildlife photography competition owned by the Natural History Museum."

Me Here:

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/wpy.html

Advisory #1: the images include predation & carcasses.

Advisory #2: there are numerous web search hits on the 2018 awards. The museum's is the most comprehensive one (others are just samplers), to include previous years awards.

The museum's website and the ease/lack of to view the images is very heavily dependent on a brower's pop up settings, cookies, ad blockers & analytic blockers--look to those settings if you have difficulty navigating, and are not winding up with seeing what you are expecting.

There is actually a slide show(s) on the website that I found very confusing to get it started re where to click--the best advice that I can give (after multiple failed efforts to replicate finding it) is to look for a ">" on the right side of a webpage (after a click); setting that up will likely need multiple random chance clicks on the various button/hot links on the page.

Many of the images will zoom in if you click on one (and if they don't, you may have wound up in the wrong area of the gallery).

The images all seem to have some sort of an ID caption (and if what you are seeing doesn't, the same image is somewhere else on the site where there is one for it--no idea how you could find that).

ID caption for this embedded image (length of it is typical):
"Finalist 2017

The Wildlife Photojournalist Award: Single Image

Charlie Hamilton James, UK
Children of the rainforest

Charlie was working in the remote Machiguenga community of Yomibato when he came across Yoina and her pet tamarin. Every day, she would go for a swim taking her tamarin with her. ‘I have no idea why,’ says Charlie. ‘The tamarin hated it and spent the whole time clambering onto her head to escape the water.’

Yoina’s tribe have inhabited the protected rainforest of Yomibato for generations and have earned the right to hunt animals (without guns) for food. The tribe consider themselves part of nature and take just enough to ensure their and the forest’s survival. When monkeys carrying young are killed, the babies are often kept as pets and later released."

JackInCT has attached this image.
Click the image to enlarge it:

Click Image To Enlarge
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy Back soon

[*] Post 515405 posted on 17-10-2018 at 09:26 Reply With Quote

Thanks, Jack, I love that shot.
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 515406 posted on 17-10-2018 at 09:57 Reply With Quote

What DO you call a girl with a monkey on her head?
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.