Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Audio NIV Bible--how to handle
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 515079 posted on 29-9-2018 at 01:57 Reply With Quote
Audio NIV Bible--how to handle

My NIVLive audio Bible arrived.

The audio recording features many readers, doing voices of various people in the Bible. If they did a good job, the same person who speaks as Peter's voice in the Gospel passages will also read Peter's letters, etc., but I haven't checked this yet. It has background music and environmental sounds.

The audio files seem to be cda files. They play on "PowerDVD12" which comes on when I put in the CD.

I would like to get it all into MP3 format before I scratch or dirty up anything (I cringe at the way I see CDs and DVDs handled and ruined). I'd like to be able to listen from my desktop hard drive, or perhaps from a thumb drive. I think my 2016 Honda will play music from a thumb drive. How can I get the files converted and copied (or, copied and converted?)

The PowerDVD media player just lists "Track 1" "Track 2" etc. I will want to name the files copies by content (e.g. Matthew 1-4). Or, perhaps someone will tell me there is a way to attach something that will show up on a player display to identify them .

The whole set retails for $124.99, but I paid $14.99 to an outlet that is closing them out.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 515080 posted on 29-9-2018 at 07:33 Reply With Quote

Buy 2. Keep one unused. 14.99 is nothing at all compared to devoting time to making illegal copies no matter what you call them.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy Back soon

[*] Post 515081 posted on 29-9-2018 at 08:25 Reply With Quote

Strictly speaking, Mary is correct. I do think that there may be a loophole in that backup for personal use, but, please do not quote me on that. IIRC Audacity with some add ons is capable of doing what you desire. Google is your friend.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.