Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Email limit
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 513813 posted on 13-7-2018 at 21:06 Reply With Quote
Email limit

I got a notice from Juno, my web-based e-mail provider, that I am nearing my 5 GB limit (4.8 GB, they said).

I deleted a bunch of stuff, but I don't see how to tell what my total is.

My correspondence with respect to my brother's estate has been taking large amounts when the lawyer or real estate agent sends documents in pdf format. But, it is certainly convenient to leave the attachments tied to the e-mails so that they are identified with date sent, person who sent it, topic tine, etc.

How do I get the total e-mail storage? (Or, is that too specific?)

I had Thunderbird on another machine, and it was fine for saving the body of e-mails, but IIRC it didn't record the attachments for me. Is there a free e-mail program that does copy from an existing program, so as to save the data on a hard drive or thumb drive?
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 513815 posted on 13-7-2018 at 21:19 Reply With Quote

Important attachments should always be backed up on a thumb drive or something.

An average email will be 50-75 kb. without an attachment. HTH

Hotmail and Gmail are unlimited I believe but Katzy wouldn’t use either I suspect.
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 513816 posted on 13-7-2018 at 21:35 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Important attachments should always be backed up on a thumb drive or something.

100% correct; you are playing with fire if you don't, to include no access if your ISP is down. Assuming JUNO will be around forever for you to access is rolling the dice; it's an established provider but that's no guarantee of longevity; providers go belly up overnight with a 'so long'/fare thee well.

As far as the PDFs go, you have 256 characters to rename them when downloaded to organize them in some comprehensibe file name "template" such as 'date, sender (author), pithy contents summary, etc.,', and all to a dedicated folder(s) for them that can be readily copied/updated to multiple flash drives. It will take a while to brainstorm (trail and error re a naming system that you find most self-explanatory) a 'universal' template for the file names: example: 07 12 15 Smith John Accountant Billing Invoice 1234-Office Visit, then 07 13 15 Smith John Accountant Billing Invoice 1256-Court Bill, and so forth.

Using a numerical number/date at the beginning of the file name will ensure that the files are listed in a sorted order (if you don't use date than you can always use "01- file name etc, them 02- file name etc.,).
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.