Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Again, I'm looking to put page numbers in Open Office
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 513040 posted on 2-6-2018 at 21:03 Reply With Quote
Again, I'm looking to put page numbers in Open Office

I don't like unnumbered pages in my printed sermon--I usually have them loose, so that I can shuffle them, but they can get out of order as I carry them.

Open Office lets me put in a page number field anywhere, but that displaces some text on the page (when I'm inserting, it moves everything further down in the document).

So, "Help" suggests I put a page number heading in a header or footer. My preference is header.

But, the directions tell me to insert it into a page style. I haven't set up any named page styles. Whatever the default style is, is what I start with, for every new document.

I'd like to skip having to pick a style (presumably from a list) each time, as a delay in the process.

If the "default" style is changeable, do I want to do that? Can I make picking a style a fast thing?
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 513041 posted on 2-6-2018 at 21:13 Reply With Quote

Bother! The "Help" says that Headers or Footers are printed in the margins. I understand a margin to be the otherwise blank area above and below the rectangular area in which document text can be printed.

But, when I inserted the page number field into the header, the lines of text moved, so that the page breaks in the print preview appear at different places now.

I haven't tried printing the text yet to see if the actual copy comes out different or not.

As I recall, at least some of my WP programs don't give accurate print previews.
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 513042 posted on 3-6-2018 at 07:55 Reply With Quote

We typed up the script in open office for our annual show at our caravan but couldn't work out how to do page numbering. I did it by hand in the end. People who we sent it to who had Word did it easily.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.