Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: My HP deskjet 5150 printer is acting up again
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)
Member Is Online

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 512893 posted on 26-5-2018 at 18:13 Reply With Quote
My HP deskjet 5150 printer is acting up again

The black inkjet cartridge had started to fade and skip. I concluded it was running out of ink.

I put in a cartridge that I had bought a month or two ago, a remanufactured one, that was labeled HP 56. I have had trouble getting it to even go through the motions of printing. The Print and Scan Doctor program that Marymary gave me several months ago sometimes has said it wasn't working because the cartridge was busy, or there were error lights to clear, or the printer door didn't register as shut. But, even when I get it to act as if it is printing, no ink goes onto the paper, either the test print page that HP offers, or a Word Processing document of my own.

I have tried unplugging the power to the printer for a reset, a couple of times.

I have tried alcohol where the ink is supposed to come out of the cartridge. I can get some on my cleaning tissue, but it does not deposit on the page to print.

I purchased another reman HP 56 black ink cartridge, and it did not put ink on paper, either.

I am concerned that each of the two non-working cartridges say "replaces HP 56XL" on the sticker. I suspect XL means that the cartridge is more full of ink than the original HP 56, but I haven't researched this yet.

I could go back to the store and get another cartridge, but the packaging is opaque so I can't see if it says HP 56XL inside (each says HP 56 on the outer box).

Any knowledge?

I have thought of buying a first-use one, but they are much more expensive. The remans are guaranteed, but if I take back two or more for a refund and buy another, they are going to think that I am putting them in a bad printer, not their fault.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)
Member Is Online

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 512898 posted on 26-5-2018 at 20:06 Reply With Quote

I am wondering if there is a physical issue with the printer, such as:

--the process that is supposed to clean the head before printing is not doing what it is supposed to do, perhaps because a part is not working, maybe has gotten out of the exact position it needs to be

--the printer head is not positioned exactly where it needs to be

--some internal cable isn't doing the job, perhaps is loose

:(:(:(
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 512900 posted on 26-5-2018 at 21:26 Reply With Quote

Have you tried thoughts and prayers? ;)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.