Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: It's been a rough few weeks
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 511774 posted on 2-3-2018 at 02:46 Reply With Quote
It's been a rough few weeks

Ruby injured herself, falling off the Teeter the first time she tried it, before we knew how to work it.

I missed a day of work after I injured my head and was unable to sleep most of the night (not on the Teeter, I hit it on an open door from a electrical cabinet).

Ruby drove us to my churches and back, and got an expensive speeding ticket on the way home.

Ruby eventually began to feel so much pain in her hip this week that she went to a doctor, who ordered an X-ray which showed a fracture in her hip. She was referred to an ortho, but that doctor was not in his office that day, and her pain became so severe that she had me take her to the ER at the hospital. She had to wait for hours for treatment. The ER doctor said she needed a CAT scan to determine if she needed surgery, which should be done within hours if it were necessary. Ruby wanted to back out and go home--she is scared of surgery. The CAT scan indicated the fracture was not a full break, so no surgery is was needed. We got home the next morning.

Since we had been up most of the night, I could not work, so I called in that I would not be coming to work. Two people whom we had taken in briefly when they were homeless stopped by, and Sarah did some vacuuming for us. Ruby offered for me to pay her, but she declined.

Later, we discovered she had stolen my wallet while she was out of our sight in the room where I had left it (in a jeans pocket). She had never declined payment for doing chores for us, but she would have been discovered if I had gone for the wallet after she had removed it. She and Branden said they were leaving to go to a food pantry that was going to have food available at 3:30--but we know one of the people who runs that pantry, who told us they never came. So, I lost all the money in the wallet, and some gift cards with value on them, and my driver's license and Social Security card and bank ATM card and Obama insurance card. :(:(:( But, no credit or debit cards.:)

I'd like the Lord to give us an easier time for a while.;)
Nimuae
Rajkumari

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Enigmatic !

[*] Post 511776 posted on 2-3-2018 at 06:24 Reply With Quote

((((((((((((((((((((Scholar and Ruby))))))))))))))))))))))))

I hopethings improve for you very soon - and I hope you have reported the theft to the police !
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 511778 posted on 2-3-2018 at 07:19 Reply With Quote

Same here, Scholar. Really sorry to read all that. You won't be doing those two any more favours. I'm sure your reward will be in heaven but until then, maybe you deserve a bit of better luck.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.