Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Religious leaders who line their own pocket
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 511108 posted on 20-1-2018 at 00:50 Reply With Quote
Religious leaders who line their own pocket

Kenneth Copeland

Quote:

Amos 6:
Woe to the Complacent
Woe to you who are complacent in Zion, and to you who feel secure on Mount Samaria, you notable men of the foremost nation, to whom the people of Israel come!
2 Go to Kalneh and look at it; go from there to great Hamath, and then go down to Gath in Philistia. Are they better off than your two kingdoms? Is their land larger than yours?
3 You put off the day of disaster and bring near a reign of terror.
4 You lie on beds adorned with ivory and lounge on your couches. You dine on choice lambs and fattened calves.
5 You strum away on your harps like David and improvise on musical instruments.
6 You drink wine by the bowlful and use the finest lotions, but you do not grieve over the ruin of Joseph.
7 Therefore you will be among the first to go into exile; your feasting and lounging will end.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 511109 posted on 20-1-2018 at 02:08 Reply With Quote

This certainly seems excessively expensive to me, and I disapprove. There are better ways to spend money dedicated to Christian ministry.

Even wealthy businesses that earn their way commonly use a time-share arrangement for Gulfstreams.

If the plane was given as an outright gift, on condition that it be used by the ministry--even then, were I in Copeland's place, I would instruct the giver that its value would better serve the Lord in other ways.

I think it more likely that Copeland's Board of Directors used ministry money for the purchase (but, I have no actual information on the circumstances).
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 511115 posted on 20-1-2018 at 05:14 Reply With Quote

I am no fan of Copeland, however, without knowing the reasons behind such a purchase I would be loathe to condemn it.

FWIW. I do know, personally, pastors who have aeroplanes that are used regularly to minister in remote areas.

Another Tid bit, We have had Copeland speak at our church back in the 80s and Deb and I attended a Copeland Bible College, too. I found the teaching beyond reproach.

On the surface, though, it does not look good. The word does command that we abstain from all appearances of evil. As such, you'd expect him to be a little more open about his financial dealings. It must get tedious though, if that is all that he is asked about every time the media interview.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.