Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: From CES 2018: The Eggo Booth
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 510931 posted on 9-1-2018 at 22:18 Reply With Quote
From CES 2018: The Eggo Booth

From CES 2018 [among the first batch of pixs] my personal award for a must have "fill in the blank".

The Eggo Booth is a giant pod that scans your body and creates a tiny, virtual avatar of you.

A 3D photobooth is a clever idea in the age of bitmoji and augmented reality. Exsens, the parent company, said it could be used to try on clothes or experiment with different hair colors or plastic surgery options.

The French company isn't mass producing these scanners just yet, but perhaps soon everyone can get a digital clone.

Me Here: the suggested uses are lame; it's for sending, in lieu of a Christmas card, an avatar of you to ALL your Christmas card list, i. e., they've earned it just for knowing you.

I suspect, since the manufacturer is French, that it's name is either a translation error, or a typo-it really is called "Ego Booth".

PS: there was just this one pix of this "booth"--no sign of anything that resembled a 3D printer.

JackInCT has attached this image.
Click the image to enlarge it:

Click Image To Enlarge
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 510942 posted on 10-1-2018 at 09:29 Reply With Quote

Its bad enough when someone sends you one of those damn round robin things. If you don't get them in the US, is a copied sheet of paper (or possibly more than one sheet) with a review of the year for the person and their family.

I always feel like sending a spoof one back but have never got around to doing it.
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 510944 posted on 10-1-2018 at 13:44 Reply With Quote

FYI Update Wed 01/10:

I spent some time on the Exsens website and their corporate HQ is in France. While there is an English language webpage, there is clearly some substantial translation/syntax errors. In addition I could NOT find any [not a one] media stories on this product. So coupled with the lack of clarity (as to what this product is all about) and the lack of media from reporters at CES who interviewed Exsens 'presenters', I seems that my initial take on this product is in error fueled by that little statue of the presenter.

The website is chock full of 3D animated, and VR "images" (dozens of them) of real people. I am NOW thinking that Eggo is 'nothing' more than a high tech, high res photo booth that takes a 'full body' photograph, generates a 3D image of the subject and that's it. It looks like the few practical applications would be something along the lines of buying apparel online, and in conjunction with the online vendor's webpage design, you could see what you would look like wearing the apparel, and perhaps the most important outcome as to whether the size you selected would fit [there is a very long standing issue as per numerous Amazon reviews of clothing sizing not reflecting USA body sizes, but rather Chinese who are physically smaller--perhaps something like Eggo can significantly reduce clothing sizing issues and the associated financial/time costs of returning items].
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.