Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Frustration with limited-time offers
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 510559 posted on 23-12-2017 at 13:05 Reply With Quote
Frustration with limited-time offers

I have been getting a daily e-mail list of bargain e-books, sent by bookbub.com . There are usually one or more e-books that are free, and more that are 99 cents, or as high as $1.99.

The free books are usually by new authors that are trying to get some people to know them as good writers. They might have the book for free for a single day, or for a few days. If the freeloaders greengrin tell others they like the book, then the others may decide to pay for it.

The cheap ones may be similar marketing. Sometimes, they are earlier installments in a series that has later installments. So, a book that has been out for five years may be available for 99 cents, but the next two in the trilogy are available at the regular price--and who doesn't want to read how things turned out, if the first books is outstanding? And, we all know of authors that continue to use their popular characters for a decade or more of novels.

But, I haven't found time to check the list and follow up every day. It has been quite frustrating to read that there was a free book available yesterday or the day before, that really looks good to me, but it is now back to the regular price.

+++
This morning, I opened an e-mail from a source that features Christian materials (e.g. Bibles and study apps for mobile phones), and learned that they were offering a free package that includes the top 5 Bible translations, plus a topical bible, a concordance, and two commentaries.

The offer was good for one day only, and expired at midnight last night.:(
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 510560 posted on 23-12-2017 at 13:13 Reply With Quote

I know what you mean, Scholar.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 510572 posted on 24-12-2017 at 04:24 Reply With Quote

The intent of these things is to also get you to keep checking their website, too. Many receive their income from advertising.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.