Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: "The Savage Nation"--Michael Savage radio program
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 310669 posted on 3-12-2007 at 18:13 Reply With Quote
"The Savage Nation"--Michael Savage radio program

Michael Savage is a radio host with monologues, political commentary, and telephone call-ins. He considers himself a genuine conservative, and says Bush and the Republican party are not--making himself a sort of maverick conservative. He is a US nationalist.

I dislike his program, because he seems to be uninformed and makes statements which are contrary-to-reality with respect to checkable facts.

Recently, he has said he and his program are facing a crisis because an Islamic group, CAIR, has taken pieces of his material, edited them together so as to give them a different meaning and context, and put the edited version on their website. He has also said that they have approached his sponsors and persuaded some of them, based on this false edit of his material, to withdraw their advertising (as if he were an anti-Moslem hate monger or bigot, unworthy of sponsorship).

He has filed a lawsuit against CAIR for using his material (which is copyrighted) wrongfully and without his permission. He says he is "fighting for his life."

He has also asked his listeners to contribute to "The Michael Savage Legal Defense Fund" because he expects the legal expenses to be $100,000-$200,000. He has said that his support of other causes and charities will be suspended until this is resolved. (He has sometimes had guests who asked for money to help defend themselves against government actions, or who represent charities.)

He complains that he expects other talk-show hosts to ignor his problem, when they should support him, because the same tactics could be used to shut them down. But, he does so, with a history of ranting against them as puppets of the Republican party. He considers Limbaugh and Hannity to be too liberal.

Savage claims to have many millions of listeners.

What do you think of such issues? Does he show extreme nerve by asking his listeners to send in money? Wouldn't a host with millions of listeners (he has also made money with a few books he's written) be able to finance his own legal actions?
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 310823 posted on 4-12-2007 at 13:15 Reply With Quote

The station that employ him should defend him, if it's as he says. i.e. No sponsorships: no income: no income: no station!
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 310904 posted on 5-12-2007 at 03:28 Reply With Quote

Leigh, his program is syndicated. It demands large dollar amounts from its sponsors, because it appears on multiple stations. I would guess more than 100,000,000 listeners could tune in to him if they choose. But, there must be enough sponsors to pay the distribution costs for all those stations.

The stations will be happy to carry anyone who brings in a sufficiently large audience, and on whose show they can sell local advertisements. There are many radio talk shows syndicated to fewer stations, who would be glad to takehis place.

I wish they would, because I think the show's content is poor, and not to my taste. But, I would not want him to be run out of business by people who use a false, pieces--assembled audio recording.:(

:(
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.