|| posted on 27-8-2008 at 19:50
I can wholeheartedly recommend Malwarebytes. Great app. (I think I have previously already expressed this.)
I, of course, have the Pro version...
|| posted on 27-8-2008 at 13:44
|Thanks, PK, She arrives on the 2nd, so I'll be fixing it all then, meantime, it appears that her security has effectively quarrantined it as she
asked before attempting to fix. Time will tell.
|| posted on 26-8-2008 at 22:35
|Get her to run this....
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from one of these places:
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the
disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
|| posted on 26-8-2008 at 14:09
|Thanks for that Daz, She'll be here in a week, so it can wait 'till then.
|| posted on 25-8-2008 at 17:19
As for PowerReg, it seems like it might be a dodgy resident....
You're going to have some work to do...!
|| posted on 25-8-2008 at 12:26
|Daughter has been getting pop ups on her lappy (Vista) (thousands of miles away, so can only guess as to the exact nature). The popup reports
something about a subscription to M$ Spynet who want money, to which she has never subscribed, and knows nothing about it. IIRC I set up the security
for her some time back, and there was no M$ security installed by me. She also gets a windoze defender pop-up reporting powerreg as a potential issue.
I'm not familiar with that either, should she be worried? She'll be here in a week, so I can then give it the once over then, but, in the