Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Circular Shilinxia (China) Mountainside Walkway
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 512557 posted on 24-4-2018 at 20:11 Reply With Quote
Circular Shilinxia (China) Mountainside Walkway

" ID Caption: 'Flying Saucer': Dubbed the "Flying Saucer," the circular Shilinxia (China) walkway is suspended from the mountain, cantilever style. Made from titanium alloy, it can apparently hold a maximum load of 150 tons and 2,000 people."

150 tons X 2000 lbs per ton = 300,000 lbs/2000 people = 150 lbs per person. So unless there is a typo in the article, I would have to conclude that the Chinese do not have an obesity problem like many western nations that I will not embarrass by naming names.

The embedded image ID caption did not mention who these people in the pix are, i. e., since they all are dressed alike, I presume that they are members of some organized group such as, for example, a dance company/whatever.

And for the extremly curious on this board, note that saucer looking contrarption on the far end--the builders put some mannequin flying saucer type dressed extra-terristerials inside; and you thought that Chinese didn't have a sense of humor? But then again, maybe they are not mannequins?

A search will yield quite a few news articles with numerous pixs of this site, to also include hits of a plank (as in wood) walkway on another Chinese mountain [precarious a walkway as I have ever seen re no railings at all--the pix's captions don't say if the pixs are of the fully finished walkway, + uTube vid hits of various mountain walkways that are presented as "tourist attractions", although I didn't notice any obvious westerners touring these kinds of attractions.

JackInCT has attached this image.
Click the image to enlarge it:

Click Image To Enlarge
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 512558 posted on 24-4-2018 at 20:34 Reply With Quote

Very enterprising, Pun intended.
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 512559 posted on 24-4-2018 at 21:07 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
Very enterprising, Pun intended.

Indeed (good pun by the way), and those dressed alike are in reality the honor guard paying homage/adoration/etc., to the New Masters Of The Universe (as least the Universe as seen from Mother Earth). They however will not utter, "take me to your leader", as they already know that Planet Earth is basically ungovernable as in herding cats is a comparable task with the same end result.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.