Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: How To Switch Graphics Card Install From Desktop
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 512129 posted on 28-3-2018 at 19:27 Reply With Quote
How To Switch Graphics Card Install From Desktop

Today was grand experiment day.

I created a "core" Win 10 SSD; "core" as in the OS and my most frequently used software.

I then took a 2nd new/blank SSD and using a software program, Acronis True Image For Crucial, cloned the 1st HD to the 2nd (Crucial is the name of the HD manufacturer).

The cloning appears to have been perfect (same desktop PC, etc.,); the MS product key/activation stuff works.

I then took this 2nd HD and powered it up in an old Dell, and it worked for the most part, but with one major exception and hence this topic.

The graphic card in the Dell is of course different than the one on my primary PC; the display on the Dell is a 'bit' off. The graphic OEM card software on this SSD #2 is showing up on the Dell.

I would like to delete all the graphics stuff that's now on the Dell, and install the graphics based on the Dell graphics card (and I don't have the graphic card install files since this is a used PC). And of course all this would have to be done from desktop.

Any ideas as to how I could (the steps involved) go about doing something like that?
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 512130 posted on 28-3-2018 at 21:45 Reply With Quote

Addendum: while "researching" this, I came across this hit re using a program called "Diver Sweeper". It's suppose to be used in Safe Mode. I'm going to try it.

Its URL is:
https://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html

For those who haven't experienced this, in Win 10, at least in my version, if you haven't activated/product key stuff, you can't "personalize" the display until you do--BUT there are some components that you can change such as screen resolution and size of desktop icons (2-3 settings without being able to use an intermediate choice).
dr john
Custom User Title

Mood: I want to go soaring

[*] Post 512131 posted on 28-3-2018 at 22:16 Reply With Quote

Right clicking on the empty background usually brings up the context sensitive menu and it usually includes Graphics settings.

And of course setting or updating the graphics driver is usually found under Device manager (start button, type device manager and then look for display adapters)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.