Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Collection Baskets Have Gone Digital For (Some) Catholic Churches in Paris
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 511155 posted on 21-1-2018 at 14:43 Reply With Quote
Collection Baskets Have Gone Digital For (Some) Catholic Churches in Paris

Verbatim c & p

n an effort to keep up with the times of a growing cashless society, the Catholic church in Paris is now offering digital donation options in addition to the traditional collection baskets. There will be no more digging through pockets and purses for loose change in this pursuit of making donating to the church easier, keeping up with modern technology.

In 2016, a free donation app called La Quete – or as translated to English, “The Collection” – was released to many churches in Paris, however, another option of direct credit card payment is now being made available in one of those locations.

Worshippers at Saint-Francois de Molitor are making donations using a contactless payment terminal with their credit or debit cards. There are minimal and maximum amounts that they’re able to collect through this system, ranging from $2.50 to $12.00. The user just has to tap their credit card and select an amount which is processed that same moment.

Right now, this kind of technology is also being used internationally in the UK as well as China. Members of churches have been receptive to the change.

Me Here: I understand that if a church goer attempts to use a credit card that is maxed out/invalid/etc., i. e., the transaction is rejected, a spray of sulfur and brimstone is ejected; it sounds like this is a Jesuit church.

Holy Cow: my PC suddenly is going crazy; that's what I get/deserve for casting aspersions upon the RCs. OK while I'm at it, I wonder if there is a similar system in the confessional box; this PC is now on its last legs and is in need of digital last rites.

And yes Moderators, I do recognize that this post of mine is in really bad taste+.

JackInCT has attached this image.
Click the image to enlarge it:

Click Image To Enlarge
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 511157 posted on 21-1-2018 at 16:11 Reply With Quote

At work we no longer cash handle. Parents pay for lunches etc. online and children buy using their fingerprints. It's not surprising churches want to do the same thing. Maybe we'll need our biometric data in heaven to unlock our cloud and harp...
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 511158 posted on 21-1-2018 at 16:51 Reply With Quote

American Express?
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.