Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Cleaning a laptop
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 510978 posted on 13-1-2018 at 18:33 Reply With Quote
Cleaning a laptop

https://www.ehow.com/how_2282741_clean-laptop.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=011218&c_crid =cta4

masked

The suggested cleaning solution is a mixture of water and vinegar, and the author says not to use alcohol (for cleaning :D). Also, no pressure on the screen.

It isn't clear to me whether there is supposed to be any solution on the microfiber clothe while cleaning the screen. For other steps in the cleaning, the author mentions how to use the solution (e.g. spray it on the cloth, or dip a cotton swab in the solution). Is one supposed to just sort of cloth-dust the screen?

I don't often clean my stuff. With the older CRT monitors, I did not have the same worry about messing up the screen.

Does this procedure match what you do?
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 510980 posted on 13-1-2018 at 20:02 Reply With Quote

IMO you left out in your summary of cleaning methods, doing any/all cleaning methods on a completely cold monitor.

Also there is always the possibility that any cleaning method will leave streaks on the display screen (and that the streaks will only be visible under certain lighting conditions, and what the monitor is displaying). For some the streaks are more of an annoyance than the fingerprints, dust, etc., on the display.

If there are food particles, to include coffee stains on the monitor, getting rid of those is the first step, i. e., don't try to get rid of the food and the dust in just a one step application--kind of like cleaning off the dining room table after a meal-it may take multiple cleaning tries as corralling ALL the solid particles is not only elusive, but the solid particles that return to a liquid state, esp grease ones, get spread around.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 510981 posted on 13-1-2018 at 20:13 Reply With Quote

I suppose not eating near the lappie is out of the question?

I just use the vacuum attachment from time to time.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.