Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: YES, Now There Really Is A Toothbrush Subscription Service
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 510908 posted on 8-1-2018 at 18:17 Reply With Quote
YES, Now There Really Is A Toothbrush Subscription Service

"Perhaps what we like most about the Quip brand and how it's marketed this product is the great emphasis on customer convenience and dental hygiene. Of course, most toothbrush companies push regular brushing. But if you visit Quip.com, you'll get a full rundown on how and when to properly brush. Additionally, it's clear this company cares about customer service. With the subscription service, starting at $40 for a metal brush or $25 for a plastic one, plus a payment every three months, you'll get a new brush head and a AAA battery every three months, so that you can get brushing immediately when your refill package arrives. Another bonus: when choosing from the subscription sets, you'll never pay for shipping and you can cancel your plan at any time."

I looked all over, but I couldn't find a Uber like service where someone will come to your residence and brush your teeth for you (while you just stand there or perhaps a portable dentist office type chair). I expect that gap in human services to be filled any day now by some enterprising start up.

Due to a lack of interest/enthusiasm, I'm not doing my usual embedded pix for this post. And while I'm at it, DECIDEDLY NO, I don't have the slightest interest in signing up for any start up that brushes your teeth while you wait-SORRY! YES, I realize that the tips would be fantastic (and at tax time, my govt, such as it is, would never know how much lucre I was raking in re my taxable income).

And yes, I realize that there are other entrepreneurial areas worth considering that occur in the bathroom that starts up akin to Quip should sally forth into, but I would like to remain on the good side of this forum's moderator (somehow they remind me of my parents).
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 510909 posted on 8-1-2018 at 18:49 Reply With Quote

My twitter account regularly gets promoted tweets for some razor blade service. It looks really expensive, especially when compared with disposables.
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 510910 posted on 8-1-2018 at 19:46 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
...razor blade service.../quote]

Once upon a time, long, long ago, barber shops claim to fame re skill area was shaving a customer. Not free of course, but decidedly a status symbol for the businessmen of a community. Even higher on the status totem, were barber shops that also had a shoe shine person (you could get your shoes shined at just about any barber shop, but the ones with a dedicated employee to do only that were in the higher end business districts of a town). A shave & shoes shined was what amounted to a ritual to start the day for many, and a sign that you have "arrived" at your place of employment was that your salary to pay for those services had, at long last, reached that level.

I'm not recalling, perhaps incorrectly, if a family's gift to a male member on a special occasion such as birthday/father's day of paying as a gift for such a service was ever very widespread.

Getting a shave ALWAYS involved a hot towel placed on one's face before the shave for a few minutes. I've had that done a very small number of times in my early adulthood, and I can still recall just how sensuous that felt (I think it was done by the barber as a kind of promotion for that service); back in the day, men had the hair on the back of their necks shaved, and the shaving cream machine spewed quite warm shaving cream. I can also remember how fantastic that felt. And yes, some barbers had a vibrator that they used to massage your shoulders for a minute or so, and yes it was really great.

So much for today's trip down memory lane of a bygone era.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.