Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: FYI Heads Up Re Possible (New Type) Fradulent Email Scam
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 510301 posted on 2-12-2017 at 19:15 Reply With Quote
FYI Heads Up Re Possible (New Type) Fradulent Email Scam

IF the email that I received is indeed fraudulent/a scam, it is a new type to me re the way that it is set up.

I received an email today supposedly from PayPal re a purchase (see the embedded image). I do have a PayPal account that's been dormant for years.

All the "stuff" in the image has nothing to do with me, at all, to include the 'purchaser', i. e., I do NOT know that individual.

I have no intention of contacting the purchaser; and of course I have no idea how this wound up getting sent to me, i. e., who has my email address.

There was NO file attachment to this email.

In the embedded image, you will see at the very bottom the words "Resolution Center"; it's not obvious in the image, but that's a hot wired link. I did not click on it.

IF there are additional emails, I will create an addendum to this topic. If I receive the halter, i. e., it winds up getting shipped to me, I guess I will have to take up horseback riding.

FYI: there really is a "Tea, SD" (I didn't check the demographics, but it's big enough to have its own school system--SD is a very sparsely populated state); there must me quite a story behind how this place got its name.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 510302 posted on 2-12-2017 at 19:56 Reply With Quote

Juli is a seemingly real person who has posted photos of her animals and family on FB. So, I'd probably obscure her e-mail on your screen grab just in case.
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 510304 posted on 2-12-2017 at 22:29 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Juli is a seemingly real person who has posted photos of her animals and family on FB. So, I'd probably obscure her e-mail on your screen grab just in case.

The time frame for editing my post has passed.

If what you suggest can be done, I presume that it would have to by a moderator.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.