Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Two of my watches have failed.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 509774 posted on 23-10-2017 at 01:14 Reply With Quote
Two of my watches have failed.

I received two or three watches last Christmas. The two which appear to be of better quality have stopped within the last few weeks--from worn-out batteries, I think. The one which lights up at a touch failed first, then the other stopped for a while this morning, and then started again (with the result that it showed the wrong time).

Neither watch has the tiny screws which allow someone like myself to replace the battery. I don't see how to get the back off either one. The one that failed this morning is an Eclipse brand watch, made in Japan. Numbers on the back say EC/1005TT 2115(3).

This came up when I put the numbers in Yahoo search:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eclipse-by-Armitron-Men-s-Round-Silver-Watch/45013738

I hate to think that a watch which is that expensive would only serve me for a year. There isn't anything on the shopping site about changing batteries.
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 509776 posted on 23-10-2017 at 02:44 Reply With Quote

Under details it lists the battery model as "Battery type: SR626SW"; that would not be listed if there wasn't some way of replacing the battery. Instead of screws holding the back on, perhaps there is a recessed indentation somewhere on the rim, but if you see something like that, you may need to try out a variety of different SIZE screwdrivers (aka as spanners for those across the pond). The watch likely came with an owner manual that would spell out battery changing procedures; IF you can't find it, try a variety of search words re brand name, model, etc., and that would also include the phrase "owner manual" [playing around with a variety/variations of search words is critical]; perhaps a hit will give you an owner manual for the brand but for a different model; download/open up the file and trust to luck that maybe the replacing battery procedure is identical (or maybe close enough that it clues you in re the procedure).
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 509778 posted on 23-10-2017 at 15:53 Reply With Quote

The back clips on. You have to get a screwdriver and lever it off. You should notice an indent at some point where you place thee screwdriver and turn it to lever the back off
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.