Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: I put in a new print cartridge, and there is extra ink on the paper
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 509770 posted on 22-10-2017 at 22:37 Reply With Quote
I put in a new print cartridge, and there is extra ink on the paper

My black ink cartridge on my HP 5150 printer gave out last night, so I bought two cartridges today. HP56 black ink. They are both guaranteed, remanufactured cartridges (=refilled and repackaged, I think).

The ink seems to be too dark, with additional ink lightly showing up outside most of the letters, giving the printing a blurry look.

In print preferences, I have tried it with the Automatic ink volume and Automatic drying time turned on, and turned off, but am getting the same apparent result.

I have it set to print black ink, grayscale (so as not to have any colors like red or blue in a document disappear, which is likely to happen since I do not keep the expensive color cartridges properly supplied. Such a thing might happen if I cut and paste from a web document that has some colored text in it and don't notice it to change it).

What would you do? Do you think the cartridge is just over-saturated in some way, that will correct itself after a few dozen pages?
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 509771 posted on 22-10-2017 at 22:48 Reply With Quote

Under the "Advanced" tab in printing preferences, I have turned off "automatic" and decreased the ink volume and the overspray settings. The print does not look so over-dark, but it is still very solidly printing, and the faint in outside the print characters that gives the document a sort of blurry, or perhaps dirty look is still present.

What to do?

I'm thinking that there may be ink somewhere besides the cartridge nozzle, and I might try cleaning it with my stretchy gloves and some Q tips.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 509773 posted on 23-10-2017 at 00:21 Reply With Quote

It might be the paper you are using.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.