Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Microsoft Tree House For Employees At Its Redmond HQ
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 509700 posted on 16-10-2017 at 23:33 Reply With Quote
Microsoft Tree House For Employees At Its Redmond HQ

Microsoft Tree House For Employees At Its Redmond HQ

Multiple well edited/visually attractive vids on, YUP, you guessed it uTube featuring MS's visually attractive (as in youthful/hip/oh so happy to be working there) staff.

Search words will result in multiple vids--do I really have to spell it out for you what to use for search words????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NRWWRZLpCE

Run time 01:31 There is no law, as far as I know, that you can only view it once.

Keen observers will quickly notice that there is no bathroom facility. These same observers will question that. AND these same observers have, quite obviously, never meet an MS employee. Having said that, these same observers are eternally grateful that they haven't.

"There are three treehouse in total — two that already open and one, a sheltered lounge space, that will open later this year. Open to all employees, they were built by Pete Nelson of the TV show "Treehouse Masters" who Microsoft said began the project by "connecting with the trees for hours." [me here: I have been known to be connected to my PC for hours trying to get it to stop crashing]

The structures are part of a new system of outdoor work spaces on Microsoft's 500-acre Washington campus. The spaces are all Wi-Fi enabled and have benches with electricity plugs."

"with electricity plugs...."--well if they made the effort to build their portable devices with batteries that lasted all day, then they wouldn't need plugs, now would they?

JackInCT has attached this image.
Click the image to enlarge it:

Click Image To Enlarge
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 509703 posted on 17-10-2017 at 00:42 Reply With Quote

I like the concept. I'm not too sure that it is any more productive than a typical open plan coffee shop where you can get comfy and work anyway.
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 509704 posted on 17-10-2017 at 01:12 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
....open plan coffee shop where you can get comfy and work anyway.

May they find inspiration and spiritual nourishment in Nature, cause they're not going to find it in anything that has to do with Gates, Ballmer, et al, no matter how much of their ill gotten money Bill & Melinda pour into their foundation.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.