Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Frank mows the Whitehouse lawn
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 509349 posted on 16-9-2017 at 10:16 Reply With Quote
Frank mows the Whitehouse lawn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-41274407/why-s-frank-11-mowing-the-white-house-lawn
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 509354 posted on 16-9-2017 at 13:41 Reply With Quote

The USA morning media had a shorter clip of this.

Probably not considered relevant by the media is the fact that this lawnmower did NOT have a grass clips (catching) bag attached to the rear of the mower [perhaps not attached since when it gets to be full it adds some weight to the mower, i. e., mower gets to be harder to push--this did NOT looklike a self-propelled mower (hard to tell)]. FYI for some years now there have been mulching type mowers that clipped the grass so finely (unless the grass is really high) that a clips bag was not needed and the cut grass 'refertilized' the lawn with minimal dead grass visible--these types of lawnmowers are more expensive.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 509357 posted on 16-9-2017 at 14:31 Reply With Quote

As I see Frank pushing hard on the mower, I am pretty sure it is not self-propelled. I used to have a self-propelled mower, and it needed no pushing effort, only some steering (unless I needed to pull it backwards while working around irregular edges, vacuum-cleaner style).

I have also owned a self-propelled mower on which the self-propelling feature was broken. It was heavy to push. But, this disadvantage made it cheaper for me to buy, second-hand.

I don't use fuel-powered mowers any more. Corded electric mowers are the best! They start dependably, you don't have to make trips to get fuel for them, they don't have carburetors to varnish up over disuse, you don't have to clean or replace the air filter, you don't have to replace a battery such as for key-ignition gas mowers, you don't have to change the oil. . . .
kewl_glasseskewl_glasses
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.