Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Got an NVidia GFX card?
Katzy
Anything you like

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Fintlewoodlewix.

[*] Post 509313 posted on 12-9-2017 at 11:12 Reply With Quote
Got an NVidia GFX card?

Updating the driver is always a PITA, coz they always install the useless "Vidia Experience" thing, too.

Well, no more. (Although, you need WinRar installed, which can be a nuisance. Pity they didn't decide on zip, or 7zip).

Create a directory (On your dektop?) named, say, "Tiny NVidia driver installer", or whatever.

Download both of these, into that directory:

https://github.com/ElPumpo/TinyNvidiaUpdateChecker/releases/download/v1.8.0/HtmlAgilityPack.dll

https://github.com/ElPumpo/TinyNvidiaUpdateChecker/releases/download/v1.8.0/TinyNvidiaUpdateChecker.v1.8.0.exe

Run TinyNvidiaUpdateChecker.v1.8.0.exe (It opens in a DOS window) and answer a few questions (Y/N)

Voila! Updated drivers are installed, without ant rubbish.

I tried it with my old NVIDIA GeForce 7500 and it worked like a charm. :)
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 509324 posted on 13-9-2017 at 08:11 Reply With Quote

Thanks Katzy. I do run an nVidia card, but it's years since I've used their drivers. The Windoze ones seem good enough to me. Linux, OTOH, is always a Pain in the posterior when it comes to nVidia.

FWIW 7Zip will handle .RAR files so it's not a biggie if they are 7z or rar format.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.

Go To Top

Postings appearing on Karl`s Forums are posted at the members' discretion and the administrators are not responsible for content thus posted. If you require a posting to be removed or have a complaint, then please email abuseforums@karlsforums.com with the link and the reason, and we will review the posting or complaint at the earliest opportunity.

Lost your Password ? Click HERE

Developed By The XMB Group © 2002-2007
Modified and upgraded by Karl Davis.