Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Exorcism film/documentary
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 509219 posted on 4-9-2017 at 19:26 Reply With Quote
Exorcism film/documentary

http://variety.com/2017/film/festivals/venice-william-friedkin-on-shooting-a-real-exorcism-1202546386

I think that the film would be better supported if the priest were alive to vouch for it.

I have noticed that exorcisms by priests under Roman authority seem to attract more attention than others. I think there is a presumption of sophistication and knowledge, compared to Protestant exorcisms.

The remarks about D.I.D. and exorcisms are a surprise to me. If they are accurate, I wonder if it is a compromise (between those who believe in demon possession, and those who don't) pragmatically. Those who disbelieve may be acknowledging that the practice of exorcism shows results for the patient, even if the patient mistakenly believes he is demon-possessed.

I have known some DID people. One had the frustration of her doctors not believing that DID is a real disorder with real, distinct personalities.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 509220 posted on 4-9-2017 at 19:51 Reply With Quote

DID?
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 509221 posted on 4-9-2017 at 20:31 Reply With Quote

Dissociative Identity Disorder, formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder. "Dissociative" was probably picked because of the symptom that one or more of the identities do not have access to the experiences of other identities.

The last part of the interview says that psychiatry now uses the category dissociative identity disorder/demonic possession.

But, DID personalities originate in the person; true demonic possession is an invasion from an outside entity or entities.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.