Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Hurricane Harvey
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 509153 posted on 26-8-2017 at 20:13 Reply With Quote
Hurricane Harvey

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/25/us/hurricane-harvey-texas.html

This storm has the very trying feature of being prolonged, expected to dump loads of rain over an extended period.:(

The mayor of Rockport asked people who would not evacuate to write their name and Social Security number on their arms in ink, so that their bodies could be identified.
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 509161 posted on 27-8-2017 at 16:25 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
...The mayor of Rockport asked people who would not evacuate to write their name and Social Security number on their arms in ink, so that their bodies could be identified.

Apparently this mayor is not at all familiar with putrefaction in the interval a body might experience before being recovered. But he's a mayor, and as a politician knowing of whence they speak is not a prerequisite; nor coming up with a solution to a problem that's bound to work the first time around--the throw money ad infinitum at a problem cast of politicians.

I presume he's a Republican; a Democrat would have set up a distribution center for indelible ink Sharpie's so his/her constituents could comply with said directive in a color of their choice. And not to mention that persons of color could opt to choose a color that would maximize visibility. Just Saying!!!
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 509162 posted on 27-8-2017 at 17:11 Reply With Quote

My friend who survived 9/11 in the Pentagon now lives in Houston. I tried to contact her through social media yesterday but no reply yet.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.