Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Overage charges
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

mad.gif Post 508772 posted on 30-7-2017 at 22:43 Reply With Quote
Overage charges

A message has appeared on my iPad, from AT&T (my ISP), warning me that 90% of my monthly data allotment has been used (and I am only 2/3 of the way through the period). If I go over, there will be an additional $15 charge.

I usually don't use lots of data, but I have been watching a Netflix series lately. Ruby started watching it with me, and I asked her to continue to do so, but she has plunged ahead to watch the rest of the 4 seasons without me. It is a suspenseful, continuing plot with plot twists and misdirections, so that a person cannot skip ahead. Once Ruby had begun watching several episodes ahead of me, I had to leave the room when she would watch it, or it would be spoiled for me. So, it is taking twice as much data for us to watch it separately.:(

When I complained that I did not want to have to go into overage data, that I wanted restraint on the Netflix usage, Ruby over-reacted by saying she would cut off the Netflix (rant0000 Unfair to me, that she would watch hour after hour of Netflix without me, and then propose to cut it off entirely when I am midway through a series).

I am supposing the data that I use in browsing on the desktop is small, compared to Netflix and to On Demand programs on the dish satellite television.

But, even if it is less, I do want to start shutting down the browser. I'm sure that some of the sites I visit send adverts while they are on, which must count on my data meter.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 508773 posted on 30-7-2017 at 22:45 Reply With Quote

All this anger for $15. Catch yourself on.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 508781 posted on 31-7-2017 at 03:22 Reply With Quote

Sounds like you need to increase your data plan. I NEVER sign up for a plan that charges for extra data. Shaped, yes, but pay for excess, Not unless I can't cope with slow speed for a few days.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.