Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Britain Announces World Shaking Event To Improve Its Air Quality.
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 508727 posted on 26-7-2017 at 22:02 Reply With Quote
Britain Announces World Shaking Event To Improve Its Air Quality.

Britain will ban sales of new gasoline and diesel cars starting in 2040 as part of a bid to clean up the country's air.

The decision to phase out the internal combustion engine heralds a new era of low-emission technologies with major implications for the auto industry, society and the environment.

"We can't carry on with diesel and petrol cars," U.K. environment secretary Michael Gove told the BBC on Wednesday. "There is no alternative to embracing new technology."

Me Here: In a related move, Britain will also ban steam powered cars.

I presume that the time frame could, theorectically, be shortened if Britain would also ban tea time, which was give the Powers That Be more time to work on this, but of course that could never ever happen.

A couple of days ago 'Elon Musk says he won “verbal” government approval to build the world’s longest tunnel for an ultra-high-speed train line to connect New York to Washington.

The train, known as a hyperloop, would make the 220 mile connection in 29 minutes, Musk said in a post on Twitter Thursday. He provided few details, and a spokesperson for his new digging enterprise, called the Boring Company, didn’t immediately respond to a request for more information.' Apparently the USA requirement for a light at the end of the tunnel will be a very difficult feat to accomplish.

Maglev transportation systems which have been touted since, I think it was right after the Battle of Hastings, or maybe it was the signing of the Magna Carta, there are still only 3 countries with very limited systems. China's major project is slated for completion in 2027. Rome wasn't built in a day as they are fond of saying (and we all know who "they" are).
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 508728 posted on 27-7-2017 at 06:10 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Apparently the USA requirement for a light at the end of the tunnel will be a very difficult feat to accomplish.
Therein lies the problem with everything in America. its absolute insistence of a light at the end of the tunnel. They should know by now that the light at end does nothing but waste electrikery, It's those in the middle that are more useful.
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 508733 posted on 27-7-2017 at 07:34 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by JackInCT

Britain will ban sales of new gasoline and diesel cars starting in 2040

I presume that the time frame could, theorectically, be shortened if Britain would also ban tea time, which was give the Powers That Be more time to work on this, but of course that could never ever happen.

Touche!

But I agree they don't seem to have thought it through. What about petrol stations? I can't seem them staying in business as trade diminishes. And topping up an electric car isn't a drive through thing.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.