Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Terms and conditions in the small print
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 508509 posted on 14-7-2017 at 15:50 Reply With Quote
Terms and conditions in the small print

link

Quote:

22,000 people have now found themselves legally bound to 1000 hours of community service, including, but not limited to, cleaning toilets at festivals, scraping chewing gum off the streets and “manually relieving sewer blockages”.

In 2014, cybersecurity firm F-Secure ran a similar experiment in London, operating a wifi hotspot that anyone could use – in exchange for their firstborn child.

JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 508512 posted on 14-7-2017 at 22:11 Reply With Quote

Under the "Karl's Forums" banner at the top of the page is a set of links, and one of them is "Rules".

I would encourage some ambitious 'soul' (not religiously speaking of course) to post/create a multiple choice test of these rules, and via the honor system (IF there ever was such a real world system), answer the questions without referring back to the link's contents.

After a sufficient amount of time, said proctor would post the correct answers, and each of us, in the privacy of our digital world, would grade ourselves re our knowledge of said rules.

I also suppose some moderator would be willing to go on record and define a minimum passing grade, as well as the consequences of failing to meet said standard; a remedial course of correction would be optional.

My choice for an embedded image is my fanciful conception of how the typical poster on this forum would, in the real world, take such an exam.

JackInCT has attached this image.
Click the image to enlarge it:

Click Image To Enlarge
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 508513 posted on 14-7-2017 at 22:29 Reply With Quote

Feel free to create a multiple choice quiz. You can use something like SurveyMonkey and post a link. Some posters have broken lots of those rules and had private/public reminders. Some have had a term in the pokey and others an outright ban. As the numbers dwindle there is less need for the pokey.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.