Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Tragedy and trouble among my relatives
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

sad.gif Post 508340 posted on 4-7-2017 at 03:52 Reply With Quote
Tragedy and trouble among my relatives

Tonight I learned that a grand-niece has been sexually molested by the common-law husband of one of my nieces (a man who is not the grand-niece's father). The niece is an alcoholic and unemployed, a woman who spent some years in prison for transporting a large amount of cocaine. The common-law husband has some income, and the niece is saying that she believes his version of what happened, which is that he molested the girl thinking that she was her mother. She woke up, when he had his fingers inside her, and he has been overly physically affectionate toward her before. She is just 13 years old, and exceptionally beautiful. She told my step-daughter what happened, by IM--probably because she knew her own mother wouldn't do anything.

I'm told that if this is reported to the authorities, the mother and the molester will say he is innocent, but the daughter would be removed from the family. My step-daughter has kept the girl with her since getting the IM.

If this had happened five years ago, any one of three of Ruby's brothers would have been ready to kill or severely injure the guy. But, two of the "avenging relatives" are now in prison, and one has died. I am not inclined to do anything like that, myself. (But I would rise to the occasion if the man attacked my grand-niece while I was there.)

I highly regard the step-daughter who let me know what is going on. She stood by her own daughter when a cousin molested her and supported her in testifying. That molester was convicted, but appeals have resulted in a new trial, I learned tonight.

I'd be happy if those so inclined would pray for the girl, and the whole family, in this horrible situation.

:(
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 508346 posted on 4-7-2017 at 07:19 Reply With Quote

Prayer is NOT what she needs. Violence isn't either. Contact the Police and Social Work departments. It is their job to protect her.

And, actually scholar, what kind of person overshares this type of very distressing information and doesn't offer anything other than prayer as a solution? If you don't step up, you're part of the problem.
Quaver
The Q

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

[*] Post 508351 posted on 4-7-2017 at 11:20 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I'm told that if this is reported to the authorities, the mother and the molester will say he is innocent, but the daughter would be removed from the family.

Really? Couldn't your grand-niece stay with your step-daughter?
What if that sexual molester re-offends? Some other girl could be left scarred for life?
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.