Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Rant! but suggestions appreciated
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 508311 posted on 3-7-2017 at 13:10 Reply With Quote
Rant! but suggestions appreciated

I had to scan some documents to e-mail. As is usual I scan them into the PC in my office and then transfer them to my media server. Some how the shares had gotten messed up so I couldn't transfer the files. Easily fixed and all is good. EXCEPT. Now my laptop (which had NO PART in the aforementioned exercise) has decided that my entire network doesn't exist. I can see the Lappie from the network and can still access the 'net from said lappie. I can even see the printer if I type it's IP addy into a browser, but it don't show up in Network neighbourhood along with all my other 'puters.

I DID NOT change anything on the lappie, the printer, the router or the server. All had to do was turn off password protected sharing on the office PC. I've re-started the lappie, double checked all settings and even shut down the firewall and AV proggie. I DON'T WANT to perfrom a system re-load to fix this. AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!
Katzy
Anything you like

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Fintlewoodlewix.

[*] Post 508312 posted on 3-7-2017 at 13:27 Reply With Quote

W10?

Has it... er... made an... er... improvement... to some drivers? It tends to do that, without even waving at you.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 508330 posted on 3-7-2017 at 23:36 Reply With Quote

Yeah W10. First time I've had any major issue with it. May have to spend a lot of time on it tomorrow, don't think I'm going to get to it today.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.