Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Printers
Nimuae
Rajkumari

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Enigmatic !

[*] Post 508144 posted on 19-6-2017 at 15:28 Reply With Quote
Printers

My Epson printer is just about at the end of it's useful life and I have been wondering about it's replacement. Due to the high cost of ink cartridges I have been considering one of these:-

https://www.epson.co.uk/for-home/ecotank

Have any of you used these?

Are they any good?
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 508147 posted on 19-6-2017 at 17:36 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
Are they any good?

I recently bought a refurbished B & W laserjet printer from a major online computer hardware company (based in the USA) [one thatI've done business with before on several occasions over the years].

I couldn't be happier with the product in every conceivable respect. I have no idea how this item wound up in their inventory (who the previous user was), but it's in mint condition.

Toner cartridges for B & W laserjets are not cheap, but for my uses, they have it all over inkjet cartridge based printers in that the print does not fade, and it's almost impossible to erase some part of a printout without it being readily noticeable that that has been done [I use mine to,among other things, print out checks].

And most importantly, the toner cartridges don't have the same clogging up issue that cartridges have when they haven't been used for a long time.

IF you need color printouts, that's another matter entirely. While color laserjet printouts of images are fantastic re how well they turn out on a high quality setting, + the cost of the special photo paper if you want a first rate printout, it gets to be quite expensive; the ones sold at retail have very little capacity in the out of the box mode, and the full blown replacement cartridges (usually at least 3 of them, sometimes more), are quite expensive.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 508148 posted on 19-6-2017 at 20:48 Reply With Quote

I don't have a printer at all these days. I can show tickets on my smartphone, store documents on the internet/cloud and do anything vital at work.

My dad who has just discovered social media is still at the stage of printing off e-mails. ;)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.