Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: ADD, absent-mindedness, or what?
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 507929 posted on 4-6-2017 at 20:21 Reply With Quote
ADD, absent-mindedness, or what?

I have caused myself some problems forgetting to do things.

For example, I sometimes set aside materials from work which were going to be thrown away, so that I can take them home and use them.

On Friday, I was on my way home when I remembered that I had not retrieved the materials from the trash room. So, I turned around, drove back, went back into the plant, and went through the necessary procedures to go out onto the production floor. I got the items from the trash room, and set them outside the back door (near Maintenance).

As I was driving home, I realized I had not taken the car to the back door to load the items. So, once again, I drove back.

It could be that my ADD symptoms have gotten worse, that the meds have become less effective.

Or, it could be another medical problem with the same forgetfulness symptom.

If a medical problem, it could be transitory (such as, from stress, or from tiredness). Or, it could be a long-term problem.

I will mention--I had chest pains last week-end, and a nurse from one of my congregations said she thought it was probably stress-related. Ruby said they seemed just like the pleurisy she'd had. I initially thought they were sore muscles. The pains have gone away, which I would expect to happen if I were less sore from work. But, stress pains could fade like that, too.

Stress can impair memory, too.

Thoughts? Reactions?
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 507930 posted on 4-6-2017 at 20:49 Reply With Quote

I could ask the doctor in my family but you'd be best to go to your own. You've had bereavement recently so it could be stress related but you maybe need to start keeping post-it notes around with to do lists that you check off as you go. I sometimes write a post-it and leave it on the steering wheel if I realise I need to get petrol on my way into work so that I drive to the garage after work.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 507931 posted on 4-6-2017 at 22:26 Reply With Quote

I do have a doctor's appointment in about 3 weeks, but I'm afraid to bring it up. He is a beginner at a clinic for poor people, but he hasn't learned much yet about real-life medicine. (He told me to stop to have some blood drawn last time on the way out. I got a bill for $300! shocked_yellow He just wanted to check my cholesterol.rant0000

I'm afraid that he would take me off my ADD medicine. (Because, it makes so much sense that, if a medicine is giving some help, but not as effective as it used to be, you want to withdraw the measure of help it still gives.)

I was taken off these meds once before, and given something that did not work as well. I only got back on them when medicaid would not pay for the more expensive (but less effective) medicine.

So, I'll do the best I can. The meds I am taking now have gone up in price. I used to pay $15 for them, but they have gone up in price to $160. A pharmacy discount card knocks it down to $60 for me.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.