Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Another nephew shot (but only wounded)
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 507924 posted on 4-6-2017 at 19:55 Reply With Quote
Another nephew shot (but only wounded)

Tramaine caught a bullet in one leg, a few blocks from where I live. His femur was damaged.

The word is, that he was not the intended target.

He works at the same food plant where I work, and he was really happy to have a real, full-time job with a steady paycheck. I hope he can hold on to it.

I was told by a doctor that a company cannot fire you just for missing some work when a medical reason prevents you from working. But, I'm worried that Tramaine might not get all the proper paperwork and notifications done. (There is a law that allows a person up to 90 days for a medical leave, without pay. But, a person has to get the right forms handed in.)

Tramaine had initial trauma surgery, and then had additional surgery for the broken bone. He won't be ready to work any time soon.:(

He was shot last week, but I have been so behind in getting things done that I didn't get it posted.

I asked Human Resources about what he needs to do, but the HR lady said she can't discuss another worker's situation with me.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 507939 posted on 5-6-2017 at 05:34 Reply With Quote

Tell the HR bird that that is absolute BS. You are not asking anything about him, but what procedures need to be followed. If she won't tell you start climbing the ladder until you find someone with a big enough stick. We have an Industrial Relations tribunal here in OZ that would clobber said HR bird with a toothpick.

Why did Tramaine not "protect himself", surely, if he had a gun, he would have been alright? Sorry Scholar, guns for "protection" just does not add up. Given the number of rellies you've had who have been shot and the number of rellies the rest of us on here have had shot...I know which side, I'd rather be on.....:D
Quaver
The Q

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

[*] Post 507964 posted on 6-6-2017 at 14:48 Reply With Quote

:o
Glad Tramaine survived, will he need more than 90 days for it to heal?
I hope you get his paperwork sorted.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.