Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Barred for being immoral
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 507786 posted on 25-5-2017 at 19:07 Reply With Quote
Barred for being immoral

US Christian School

Quote:

Refused to name father
In a statement, the school's head teacher, David R Hobbs, wrote: "Let me clarify some facts.
"Maddi is being disciplined, not because she's pregnant, but because she was immoral... her immorality is the original choice she made that began this situation."
Mr Hobbs denied he and the board were "harsh, cruel, hard-hearted men", adding that on the night of the graduation ceremony, he wanted "God to be glorified in a dignified manner".

I would applaud any teen at the school who would refuse to walk because they too had been "immoral" without falling pregnant.
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 507787 posted on 25-5-2017 at 22:01 Reply With Quote

It has always struck me that the definition of what/who is a christian, as well as who is/is NOT a christian has ALWAYS been loosely, as well as ill defined, at the level of individual believers.

There is no such thing as a universal consensus as to what one has to "believe" in order to be recognized as a christian, to include just who has the authority (on this earth) to render such a judgment.

Included in this is at what point a believer who does not recognize certain tenants is declared a heretic. Schisms have occurred throughout the course of history. How schisms and heresies arise says a great deal about the inherent difficulty of postulating dogma. It is very obvious that the more restrictive a tenet is relative to human narcissism/hedonism, the more difficult it will be to have that tenet accepted/followed.

I fail to see why just because this school has unilaterally decided to classify itself as christian, why it can't make up it own standards however arbitrary they seem to outsiders; and not to mention change them as they go along for no better reason than they decided to do so.

No one is forced to join a religion, never mind practice it. If others in the body don't like your behavior, they can unilaterally decided to expel you. And if they do that, well you always have the right to go form you own religion even if you wind up with zero followers.

This girl's situation is an internal matter, and who knows, it may be the best thing that has ever happened to her if she loses her faith in the process.

Does anyone in this day and age really believe that you can't be a good and caring person if you don't belong to some organized religious group.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 507788 posted on 25-5-2017 at 22:25 Reply With Quote

It's more the hypocrisy that rankles. She will not be the only teen in that graduating group to have experimented with sex - just the only female stupid enough to not use some sort of contraception. Unprotected sex ruins the lives of young girls, not the young men they have sex with.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.