Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: P.R.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 507228 posted on 11-4-2017 at 23:07 Reply With Quote
P.R.

Pepsi: "We had the worst PR disaster in history."
United: "Hold my beer!"
Sean Spicer: "Guys, I've got this!"

Seriously America, pace yourselves. It's only Tuesday.
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 507234 posted on 12-4-2017 at 15:42 Reply With Quote

The public, egged on by the mass media, will dwell on the racial overtones, as well as the age of this man.

Just imagine if this victim was female, instead of male, where this would be headed re an even greater outcry, even if, apparently, the perp was not a UA employee--it still remains to be seen what the security person(s) supervisor(s) involved in this incident "ordered" the officer on the plane to do when a decision was made to use physical force, i. e., who actually made that decision.

Police are a paramilitary force; I would go further and categorize them as a de facto military force with a very vertical organizational framework. Decisions are made using a replica of the military command post system, i. e., the officer in the 'field' is in constant communication when assigned a 'call', and there is back and forth, every step of the way, contact re "orders" to do this or that, including the officer in the field requesting permission to follow a given course of action.

As you go up the chain of command in a police dept, supervisors are well aware that their careers/promotions are always on the line re officers in the field overreacting during the course of a call, to include the issues of a lawsuit, i. e., municipalities are self insured, i. e., lawsuits awards are paid for out of property tax levies. And for sure, these lawsuits make the headlines in local media re the costs involved, i. e., who winds up paying the tab.

High speed pursuits policies (IF there is really any such thing as a "logical" policy in this area) are particularly susceptible to 2nd guessing by the public re bystanders getting injured by the fleeing vehicle-bystander suing is common practice these days.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 507241 posted on 12-4-2017 at 22:56 Reply With Quote

I presume that you are referring to the United Airlines "incident" where a paying passenger was forced from a 'plane in favour of an employee.

I often fly as staff for another carrier and their rules are slightly different. i.e. I must forgo any seating that I have booked in preference to a paying passenger. Which means I can get bumped right up until my backside is in a seat and we re ready to taxi down the runway. United certainly has done itself NO favours here.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.