Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: At the food plant
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

sad.gif Post 507175 posted on 8-4-2017 at 19:20 Reply With Quote
At the food plant

One morning, the production workers came in and learned that an Oven Operator left some food we have prepared the previous day OUT.

I'm did not hear the details. Did he leave it out in the oven room, without putting it into the oven? Or, after it cooked in the oven, was it left without putting it in the cold-blast room to bring it to safe storage ?

There are about 1500 pieces per tree for this particular product, and 8 trees fit in each oven, so about 12,000 pieces were ruined with respect to being sellable, if it was a full oven involved (mostly, we do full ovens, for best efficiency).

The food could still be OK to eat, but it has to be treated uniformly, for us to be able to predict/guarantee the safe shelf life. We can't sell one batch that will last two weeks shorter than all the others--the client stores would object.

I expect that batch will go to the Christian homeless shelter.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 507182 posted on 9-4-2017 at 05:38 Reply With Quote

I would suspect that, if the food has been left out of it's appropriate storage facility it will have to be discarded as potentially hazardous. I'd have thought that you, working in the facility would know that, Scholar. There are any number of bacteria that can cause significant harm to innocent victims. Even the poor and destitute deserve decent food.
Quaver
The Q

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

[*] Post 507187 posted on 9-4-2017 at 07:40 Reply With Quote

Sad to see so much food wasted:(
Hope they can use it as a compost or something if it is not fit for human consumption.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.