Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Ctaft Show - Doncaster
Nimuae
Rajkumari

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Enigmatic !

[*] Post 507093 posted on 30-3-2017 at 06:57 Reply With Quote
Ctaft Show - Doncaster

Had a wonderful day out last Sunday (26th) at the "Crafting Live" show - Doncaster Race Course. Unlike other years it was not just papercrafts - there were lots of other crafts in evidence and plenty of demonstrations going on. For example:- screen printing, silk painting, knitting, crochet, jewellery making,glass staining etc., Also lots of fabrics available for dressmaking and/or patch working.

My first stop was at a large stall selling Craft Creations products where I stocked up with lots of lovely Christmas decoupage papers. Had to stop and chat to the artist, Pollyanna Pickering, she was sitting quietly at her easel at the back of the hall - painting a Cheetah with cubs - it was so lifelike I wanted to stroke it! Lovely person, very knowledgable and passionate about wildlife.

Do any of you crafters own a Brother Scan'n'Cut? Mel Heaton (Create and Craft) was doing life TV demonstrations of this machine and it looked amazing - but too complicated for me. If I were making cards to sell as a business I might consider one but for now I am happy with my EBosser. Mel was lovely with her audience though and answered all their questions very patiently.

I was happy to find a demonstrator from Tonic Dies there - as, before last Christmas, I bought a set of their dies that arrived with no instructions whatever on how to use them to best advantage. While I do not claim to be an expert I am not exactly a novice either but could not figure them out. She was very happy to show me where I was going wrong.

The most incredible stall was one selling Cross Stitch kits and framed pictures - some of which had been worked on silk and looked more like photographs than cross stitch !

So what did I buy? Craft Creations decoupage, lots of double sided tape, a couple of Christmas dies, a couple of lovely flower stencils, some 'non shed' glitter card, and a 'Groovi' parchment plate with an image of three cats.

There was so much to see and the time just sped passed - I could not believe it when the tannoy announced they were closing and would we all, please, go home !!
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 507097 posted on 30-3-2017 at 17:15 Reply With Quote

Sounds good but not anything I know about.
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 507098 posted on 30-3-2017 at 19:24 Reply With Quote

Christmas!!!???
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.