Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Laptop ban on flights
Quaver
The Q

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

sad.gif Post 506999 posted on 22-3-2017 at 09:48 Reply With Quote
Laptop ban on flights

Quote:

The British government has announced a cabin baggage ban on laptops on direct passenger flights to the UK from Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39343971

At the moment, I have no plans on going to the middle east, but if this ban becomes worldwide, it will be really inconvenient:(

Obviously, it is better than being blown up, but I usually fly with one of those airlines which charges for checked baggage, and also, my laptop could break in the hold baggage:(

I can do most things on my phone (Android), but reading huge excel files/charts is hard, and I've never updated my website on my phone (is it possible?).

I suppose I could get something like this to bring my files with me (don't want cloud storage as I'm on payg internet while abroad).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Computer-Memory-Card-Accessories/Reader-Neoteck-Macbook-Windows-Google-Tablet-Android/B01H1TSM7A/ref= sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1490176007&sr=8-5&keywords=android+memory+card+reader
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 507000 posted on 22-3-2017 at 09:54 Reply With Quote

Its tablets as well! But it sounds like you are talking about working flights. If this is a business thing, wouldn't your company pay for whatever it takes to make it work?

And, if you are going somewhere on business, couldn't you rent a laptop whilst there? Or invest in a hard laptop case. A samsonite thing?
Quaver
The Q

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

[*] Post 507002 posted on 22-3-2017 at 10:15 Reply With Quote

You overestimate meroffle
My work trips are of smaller nature, and my laptop is more of a netbook, and costs less than the samsonite thingy:D But I might look into that.

I have used hotel laptops etc but it doesn't have all the software and files I need.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.