Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Wikileaks Part 2: Assange News Conference
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 506891 posted on 9-3-2017 at 20:09 Reply With Quote
Wikileaks Part 2: Assange News Conference

Wikileaks Part 2: CNET.com & Assange News Conference 03/09/17

This is a PARTIAL c & p of the CNET.com article:

On Thursday, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said that his organization will work with tech giants like Apple, Google and Samsung to plug those holes before it releases more details on the CIA's hacking program.

"We have quite a lot of exploits ... that we want to disarm before we think about publishing it," Assange said at a press conference streamed on Periscope. "We're going to work with some of these manufacturers to try and get these antidotes out there."

His press conference was the latest turn in a drama that has potentially blown open how the CIA could use our own devices to spy on us. The documents show how the agency has allegedly been able to break into even encrypted devices such as phones and computers by taking control of their operating systems.

Assange said he's been keeping WikiLeaks' findings under wraps while the CIA's exploits can still be used because he doesn't want them falling into the wrong hands. He said the CIA has already "lost control of its entire cyberweapons arsenal," which he criticized for being poorly secured.

He said WikiLeaks has much more information on the CIA's cyberweapons program that it's waiting to reveal.

Me here: so there's more to come (there always is). I'm sure we're all impressed by the en masse resignations in the USA govt of all those that participated in the hacks--well I can dream, can't I!!!! The 'I was only following orders' 'mantra' is, apparently, alive and well.
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 506896 posted on 10-3-2017 at 10:18 Reply With Quote

Our version of Trump - Nigel Farage - was involved in this somehow. He was on the news last night after coming out of the Ecuadorian Embassy. Sounds like a sell out to me.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.