Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Backlit Keyboard Tech Feedback Request
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 506828 posted on 5-3-2017 at 17:38 Reply With Quote
Backlit Keyboard Tech Feedback Request

Backlit Keyboard Feedback

I'm in the market for a new WIRED keyboard, and I'm considering a backlit (AKA illuminated) keyboard. I've never seen one. Note: there is IMO at least two subsets of wired keyboards, (1) standard, & (2) gaming type; I'm interested only in the standard type.

Also some models give you a choice of different color illuminations--clueless as to whether that could ever be handy to have.

I've done the usual uTube stuff. Is anyone using one? I'd be particularly interested in the negatives/annoyances that you've found in using one. I must admit that part of my interest in one is whether ot wou;d redice tje typos.
Katzy
Anything you like

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Fintlewoodlewix.

[*] Post 506829 posted on 5-3-2017 at 22:08 Reply With Quote

I used to use one of those wired mini keyboards (No number pad) that had illuminated keys. They were a kinda soft blue, in colour.

I found it damned useful and I was sad when it died. Can't remember what killed it, sadly. I can only vaguely touch-type and one wrong hit results in a whole string of them. :( So, I have to glance at the keys, during typing. As I prefer to sit in subdued light, that keyboard was a godsend. If I ever find another one, I'd certainly get one, if it wasn't too expensive. I think the last one cost me a fiver. A4 Tech, if memory serves.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 506839 posted on 5-3-2017 at 23:38 Reply With Quote

I love backlit keyboards. Like Katzy, I was sad when my last one died. I must invest in another one day. Sooooooo convenient!
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.