Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Web Page Ad Blocker Retailation Example
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 506684 posted on 18-2-2017 at 21:12 Reply With Quote
Web Page Ad Blocker Retailation Example

Web Page Ad Blocker Retailation Example

This embedded image is my first encounter with a website that has had it with ad blockers. I can only guess, but I don't find it at all hard to imagine that this website is the portend of things to come re end users and their browser ad blocking add ons. If I turned off my ad blocker the blur lines would disappear.

But for each and every reaction, there is an opposite reaction, and I full expect that the 'good guys' are very hard at work figuring out the coding to defeat this new wrinkle. GO AD BLOCKER TEAMS!!!

On a sidebar note, wanting something for nothing must be genetically encoded as it is rationale/reasonable that the costs involved for a website be sustained by some revenue source, and ad revenue is one of the few options. Those sites that humbly ask for a contribution to sustain them are really [fill in the blank].

The only other realistic option is for a site to require registration to view it, with a valid email address to complete the registration, and then sell that stuff to anyone who wants to buy it. A site via a paid subscription is based on the same principle, or lack of PRINCIPALS.

JackInCT has attached this image.
Click the image to enlarge it:

Click Image To Enlarge
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 506686 posted on 19-2-2017 at 01:19 Reply With Quote

Oddly, I don't use ad blocker. What I do is to increase the size of writing on the page to 125% and that magically gets rid of all the sidebar adverts on newspapers and social media. Banners still appear but most aren't that bad.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 506690 posted on 19-2-2017 at 06:51 Reply With Quote

If I find the adverts too intrusive, I look elsewhere. Though I do set my browser to block certain things.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.