Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Just installed Chrome
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 506413 posted on 26-1-2017 at 02:30 Reply With Quote
Just installed Chrome

Firefox has been getting flaky on me of late, so I thought it best to revisit Chrome. It certainly is more responsive, BUT!!!! Apparently Chrome seems to think that you would only want to open a link in the current tab when you click on it without any modifiers. Guess what!!! NO!!! I've yet to explore other things, but that, to me, is major pain!!! Off to look for extensions to change this! Bye!
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 506414 posted on 26-1-2017 at 04:13 Reply With Quote

I never ever have any problem with Firefox.

This is a curiosity question re whether, no matter where you live on the planet, we all have the same version of Firefox. I have Ver 50.0.1.

I notice in my numerous Linux distros where Firefox is the default browser, often the version is a lower numbered version, even after I've done the Update Manager stuff and am totally up to date on a given distro versus the version in Windows. That's one of the reasons why I asked the question about your version.

As a for instance, I wonder if in a place like China, and I presume they use Windows, the language stuff aside, if their govt policies (AKA censorship) result in at least a somewhat different version (at least interface wise-language aside) than someone in another country has [AKArestricting content URL access via the "allowed" browser(s)]. I seem to recall that IE, and maybe Firefox too, has some sort of URL list (known malicious viruses on the site, etc.,) that it won't let you go to unless you fiddle with it--somewhere in the security setting options I think.
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)
Member Is Online

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 506415 posted on 26-1-2017 at 09:07 Reply With Quote

I've been using Opera since Giron (aka Itzme aka Allan) recommended it. I was a Firefox person for years and found Opera hard at first but its ok now. Chrome is another arm of the MS/Google/Facebook empire and you won't catch me aiding an abetting. I also try to use Yahoo rather than Google when I think of it.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.