Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Updates
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 505842 posted on 21-12-2016 at 00:57 Reply With Quote
Updates

So far today my PC, Windows phone and iPad have all demanded updates. The devices have been problematic - the phone not sending text messages, the laptop not recognising the wifi signal periodically and the iPad disconnecting the FaceTime conversations mid-sentence despite the rest of the functions/connections working. The broadband seems to be okay with all 4 lights showing and the faults in the devices are not happening concurrently. Is there a problem with updates across all devices at the moment? Is it one app that they all share?
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 505843 posted on 21-12-2016 at 02:12 Reply With Quote

Windows critical updates always creates a restore point; I haven't used it after the update dance, but we both know that Win stuff is no guarantee that it works as advertised; and of course it's time consuming.

There is something to be said for waiting it out, and hope it goes away on its own.

Your wifi ISP has a webpage (at least mine does) that gives me a speedometer type reading of how the signal is, but you should also be getting that when you click on those two side by side computer icons in system tray (that icon is optional re residing in system tray) and if you don't see it, finding just where it is to turn it on is not something I remember.

I've embedded an image file of what I see when I click on mine, but I wouldn't hold my breadth that the buttons do any good re putting them through their paces.

JackInCT has attached this image.
Click the image to enlarge it:

Click Image To Enlarge
Katzy
Anything you like

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Fintlewoodlewix.

[*] Post 505845 posted on 21-12-2016 at 10:55 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100The devices have been problematic

Since, or prior to the updates? I posted a thingy about a W10 update screwing some machines.

http://www.karlsforums.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=52470
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.