Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Blue tooth necklace
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 505765 posted on 16-12-2016 at 16:46 Reply With Quote
Blue tooth necklace

My dear wife has told me she wants a blue tooth necklace for Christmas. She says they usually cost between $60 and $120, but that Christmas sale prices bring the cost down to about $20. (confused2 I wonder if this is really so, or if she is relying on casual conversation from friends who may be unreliable).

She treasures being surprised on Christmas, and delights in the idea that I would somehow read her mind and figure out perfect gifts that she would truly like, without her telling me.

I haven't a clue, other than what she actually says.

Compounding my problem--she likes when I spend bigger money, not small amounts. I believe the idea is that she could work in small purchases from our regular income herself, but she sees Christmas as a way to get something exceptional. This is fine with me with respect to getting something she would really enjoy and use. But, I hate the idea of spending more than $50, only to find out that I have guessed wrong, and the item goes into a drawer and never used. [One time I got her a dress that fit her, and I really liked, and she made a display of how happy she was to get it. But, shenever wore it--not even once--and told me more than a year later that she just made the show of happiness for my sake.] She does not use the laptop computer that she had me get for her one Christmas, she does not have enough patience to get proficient at it.

Can anyone advise me about getting a bluetooth necklace? She suggested I order one over the internet. How do I avoid getting cheated [as in, theytake the money and send me nothing, or send me something terrible]? What do I look for?

She uses an android smart phone, that can use blue tooth.

I think part of her motivation is, she doesn't like to have to hold the phone so as to be picked up well in phone conversations, and to hear what the other person is saying. I think I would have just gotten a blue tooth headset, unless I saw a blue tooth necklace somewhere that I liked. And, I worry whether a necklace will be durable enough to wear as much as she talks on the phone.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

[*] Post 505766 posted on 16-12-2016 at 16:53 Reply With Quote

As I look at adverts, I saw this description on eBay:

Quote:
Wireless Bluetooth Headset Necklace Earphones For Apple iPhone 7 6S

This confuses me--I didn't think bluetooth items were specific to Apple or android products.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

[*] Post 505767 posted on 16-12-2016 at 17:08 Reply With Quote

Good grief! I look at the ads, and don't know what to get.

I don't know what would work well.

I can guess what might be comfortable--but, would I be right?

I'm considering throwing out Ruby's suggestion to buy online. If I buy something at a store here in the city, and save the receipt, I am familiar with the process of returning an unwanted item. But I would imagine that "my wife didn't like it" might not be sufficient reason to get a refund on eBay, Amazon, or website-based sales.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.