Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: my foolish ways
John Barnes
Radical Freethinker

Theme: Coffee

Mood: benign

[*] Post 505693 posted on 11-12-2016 at 15:39 Reply With Quote
my foolish ways

I updated my computer by putting a beast of a graphics card Radeon 480 and upped my memory to 16 gig still not satisfied I upped the dual core processor to a quad core run it with two SSD hard drives and a standby 500 gig normal SATA drive with windows 10 pro and a power pack of 750 watts I upped the voltages it was running very fast then suddenly POOF the mother board gave out
So now I am running a new Gigabyte mother board and a quad core chip AMD 8.running at 3.8 gig. 16 gig of memory and it was a swine to configure, the new SATA 3 will not work in a caddy system but one main lesson learnt is stop tinkering it all ends in tears. Hahaha happy lol
Christmas every one
:bon)
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 505696 posted on 11-12-2016 at 16:54 Reply With Quote

You know John sometimes our forefathers got it right, but we of the so called modern age have failed to integrate what they knew with modern technology. To Wit:

In the religion of Ancient Rome, a haruspex (plural haruspices; also called aruspex) was a person trained to practice a form of divination called haruspicy (haruspicina) the inspection of the entrails (exta), hence also extispicy (extispicium) of sacrificed animals, especially the livers of sacrificed sheep and poultry. The reading of omens specifically from the liver is also known by the Greek term hepatoscopy (also hepatomancy).

The reading of omens is not, IMO, passe (and of course you can upload it to YouTube and it's very likely that it would go viral). Yes, it's a bit messy, but when you're done you also get a meal out of it. JUST SAYING. Ha Ha Ha

Please consider this a 'been there, done that' commiseration reply.
John Barnes
Radical Freethinker

Theme: Coffee

Mood: benign

[*] Post 505699 posted on 11-12-2016 at 19:15 Reply With Quote

Its all a learning curve I just didn't want Scholar tampering with his FSB or his voltages and his sub masking, like Icarus my wings became unstuck in my hubris of computer clocking. as Mr Semmens once told me if it aint broke don't fix it
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.