Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: what is bluetooth lan access server driver
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 505585 posted on 6-12-2016 at 00:56 Reply With Quote
what is bluetooth lan access server driver

In my ongoing install of XP OS Home, I've spent a good deal of time peering into Device Manager.

I've notice under "Network Adapters", a 'listing' for "bluetooth LAN access server driver"; I did install a USB bluetooth adapter today/it works and its 'active'/turned on (but NOT connected to any bluetooth capable device).

I did the usual Google search for "bluetooth LAN access server driver" prefaced by "what is", and a 2nd prefaced by "when would you use". The 'what is' got lots of hit for drivers for this, but almost no hits explaining what is does. The "when...." got zero hits.

So I'm completely in the dark as to what good does it do, etc.,.

Anyone know anything about it/use it/etc.,.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 505594 posted on 6-12-2016 at 03:30 Reply With Quote

5th hit on one Google search of "bluetooth LAN access server driver"

Quote:

The Bluetooth LAN Access server driver is a network adapter that allows computer users to connect their Bluetooth mobile phones to their laptops.....
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 505603 posted on 6-12-2016 at 14:07 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
The Bluetooth LAN Access server driver is a network adapter that allows computer users to connect their Bluetooth mobile phones to their laptops.....

Thanks for the info. It sure looks like that I had completely forgotten, even before I did the fruitless search, that all digital devices that can communicate with other devices need a network of some sort to connect with other devices. Probably the only difference among the various devices is where the network adapter is located, i. e., whether it is (physically) visible.

I tend to spend very little time in Device Manager, and plug and play has reinforced that, i. e., either Windows can/cannot figure out all on its own whether it works or not.

This XP install was kind of reminiscent of a return to the days of Win 95 and you had to almost live in Device Manager to deal with all the conflicts, and had to rely on intuition/trial and error if there was ever going to be a way of getting a device to work.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.