Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: I'm sure some here have been through this
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 505331 posted on 20-11-2016 at 01:39 Reply With Quote
I'm sure some here have been through this

It appears that I may soon lose the e-mail address I have had since I first got internet access. It is associated with a particular ISP, juno, and juno has announced it is going to improve its service (which, presumably, means it is buying new equipment) and will be charging more to its subscribers. I have not used it as an ISP for some years, and e-mailed them some months back that I want to go to their free service, which is e-mail only.

With the announcement that they are increasing what they charge, I do not know if they will still have a free e-mail service.

I'm guessing someone here, and perhaps several people, can advise me if there is an easy way for me to handle this. I have established a gmail account, but my Paypal account, my Amazon account, and everything else I've signed up for over the years (including Karlsforums) has my juno email on file. If it shuts down before I get all my listings switched to gmail, I fear that some of them will send a message to the juno e-mail asking me if I am really giving my permission for the change, and I won't be able to get the request for confirmation, nor will I be able to send from my long-time address.

I have used Thunderbird to copy all the e-mails I have gotten for the last several months. Thousands of e-mails that had accumulated over the last several years were somehow deleted before I had Thunderbird installed and working (I suspect I somehow deleted them by mistake).

Is there a program to speed up notifications, or must I do it one by one?

I'm guessing that I could send a change-of-address notification to everyone in my address book. But, I suspect that accounts like Paypal or Amazon need individual forms filled out.

Who among us has been through this? Will I need hours to set everything right?
Nimuae
Rajkumari

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Enigmatic !

[*] Post 505335 posted on 20-11-2016 at 07:44 Reply With Quote

With Amazon, at least, it is easy - log into your account - go to your profile - and change your email address there. Can't answer for PayPal - never use it.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 505339 posted on 20-11-2016 at 10:44 Reply With Quote

'Tis why I never use my ISP addy for anything that I do not want to lose. I almost use it as a throw away account. Unfortunately, Scholar, you are going to have to do it all one at a time. Have fun!
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.