Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Time Is Now For This Board To Weigh In On The USA Presidential Election
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 505219 posted on 10-11-2016 at 21:08 Reply With Quote
Time Is Now For This Board To Weigh In On The USA Presidential Election

My choice for the content of this post is 'the ghost of things once said come back to haunt'. And YES, I remember this like it was yesterday.

Verbatim transcript of the initial portion of this interview on a USA TV program called "Nightline": full transcript can be had by using "hillary clinton baking cookies interview 1992".

I believe "VO" means 'voice over'.

Making Hillary Clinton An Issue

March 26, 1992

Correspondent: Jackie Judd

Anchor: Ted Koppel

TED KOPPEL (VO): Meet the new political wife. She has a career, she has opinions. A partner in every way.

GOV BILL CLINTON, (D), PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: And my slogan might well be, "Buy one, get one free".

KOPPEL (VO): And now, she's become controversial.

HILLARY CLINTON: I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession which I entered before my husband was in public life.

Me here: IMO anyone who believes that a lifestyle choice of staying home and baking cookies as a homemaker is beneath them is an elitist snob. That's what her persona projects, i. e., she lacks the common touch AKA empathy. The USA does not need, or want, a president like that.
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 505220 posted on 10-11-2016 at 22:10 Reply With Quote

And you need one like Trump, instead?
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 505221 posted on 10-11-2016 at 23:42 Reply With Quote

Quote:

Trump has lowered the debate to a level which demeans the office he’s running for. His racist comments on Mexicans, combined with his proud Islamophobia, have trawled the depths of human decency.
At the same time, he has repeatedly and deliberately lied about his own pronouncements.
For example, he called for the US military to carry out war crimes by torturing captured terrorists in Syria and for the targeting of civilians in retaliation for the acts of family members.
At the same time, Trump has publicly abused the family of an American war hero who died while serving his country.
He has labelled Mexicans as rapists and attacked the ability of a judge to rule on a civil case involving one of his failed businesses because of his Mexican heritage. He has threatened to ban all Muslims from entering the United States.
More recently, recordings have emerged that show Trump boasting that his celebrity status means that he can do whatever he wants to women he meets.
“And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything,” he ominously declared on tape.

Yes, definitely more appealing than not wanting to bake cookies.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.