Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: The neigbourhood is getting crowded
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 504993 posted on 17-10-2016 at 05:15 Reply With Quote
The neigbourhood is getting crowded

Recent analysis of Hubble data tells us that there are 10 to 20 times more galaxies than we thought. The numbers, are becoming unintelligible. Can you imagine a sextillion of stars?shocked_yellow
Katzy
Anything you like

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Fintlewoodlewix.

[*] Post 504996 posted on 17-10-2016 at 09:53 Reply With Quote

It just goes to show how unimportant this little blue dot is, doesn't it? My ex-minister always claimed that he'd lose all faith, if life was ever found, elsewhere, as he claimed that the Bible said that there was life here and here only.

I found that odd, to be honest. With all that's out there, I'd consider it more likely that there is life, than not, by a huge margin.

'course, I could be wrong...
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 504998 posted on 17-10-2016 at 13:19 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Katzy
....'course, I could be wrong...

Ah, the penultimate philosophical questions: just what constitutes "life", and does/does NOT having a "soul" as defined by major religious belief systems (as least in Western cultures) having anything to do with the definition of life; so called Eastern spiritual belief systems, at least according to most Western media, who really didn't want to take the time to ask anyone, have approximately the same beliefs; but is "approximate" as good as "exactly" the same 'thing'. Stay Tuned For Further Developments rather after this message from our sponsors.

So sayeth the Hal 9000 manufactured in Urbana, Illinois by a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural group of gig-employed individuals who labored without regard to just about anything.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.